Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

New plans and a lot of sewing ahead.

Hello out there, I know I've been on a small hiatus the last three weeks but I swear it's not because I don't love you all, it is because I have been sewing so obsessively. What does that mean for you? I have a veritable hoard of projects to share as the next few weeks roll in.

Today however I would like to discuss my ambitious plan for the next few weeks, truthfully it will probably take me through the end of summer, but I think it will be exciting. The origin of my plan is the fact that I recently hit up the pattern sale at Joann Fabrics. I now have all these great patterns and I thought to myself, these patterns are begging for a schedule of execution.

June 21st
This dress is part of Llady Bird and Untangling Knots 2015 OAL (Outfit-A-Long).


June 21st (Also)
I'll be popping up some photos of the sweater on the 21st as well. I can't wait to show off the whole ensemble. 


June 28th
My plan for this is view B. I have some amazing green seersucker that I am dying to dig into. To be fair the fabric was intended for my wife but she loves and and likes when I look cute and I think she'll forgive me.


July 5th
I made a version of this dress for a friend for a WWII reenactment and it came out so cute that I now want one for myself.


July 12th
Lucky Lucille did a version of this dress on her blog and it turned out fabulous. It's such a simple perfect for summer silhouette. I want it on my body!


July 19th
This is another look that falls into the great for summer category, but I think that it would also be wonderful with a little cardigan in the fall. I had a dress very similar to this before I lost weight and now it's too big to alter down, so I'm looking at this number as an opportunity to have a favorite dress back.


July 26th
I am always in need of simple cute tops but I don't seem to make them. This little beauty caught my eye and if the fit works I may make a couple of them.


August 2nd
This little vintage number is appealing on so many levels, the skirt is totally serviceable for work and play, and I really like both tops. I may be too busty for the tops to look flattering but I am going to give it a shot.


August 9th
This vintage Vogue is just quintessentially my style. This is one of those patterns I could see remaking over and over again. 


August 16th
Now I can't handle the little wavy tentacles on the yellow skirt but the blue is super cute!


August 23rd
Now this dress pattern calls for woven fabrics, but something in me is telling me to go rogue and try the sleeveless version in a knit. I don't know why but I feel compelled.


August 30th
This dress has been on my wishlist for a while. I have a soft spot for the Cynthia Rowley patterns. It's just so pretty.


September 6th
Finally for back to school I'm getting into another shirt dress. What can I say, they are my jam! I love the large skirt on this.


In addition to diving into my pattern stash I am also going to try to use fabric from my collection. I want to keep my spending on these projects down. I want to feel like I am using all of my resources to their maximum potential.

What do you all think? Do you have any summer sewing plans?

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about all these plans! I have both Vogue 9000 and 8811 on my list, as well as McCalls7084 (just bought a rose print cotton for this one), and Butterick 5951 has been on my list for ages. I have a good handful of dresses I'd love to make by the end of the summer, but with holidays coming up I don't know how much I'll actually get done....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit Melwyk, it is an ambitious plan. I'm working hard to be just slightly ahead of schedule so that I can keep on point. I just have to make sure that I am setting aside time to write about the garments. I get so excited for each project and then I'm like a kid on Christmas and I need to tear into the next wrapped package.

      Delete